Thursday, April 28, 2005

Who mentioned immigration?

I have lost count if the times I have stated the Conservative position on immigration during this campaign in public meetings and on TV and radio interviews.

Yet in every instance it was always in response to a question on the lines of "why are the Tories spending so much time talking about immigration." Last night it even came up during a debate organised by the NUT on education matters.

I am quite happy with Conservative immigration policy but it is only one of at least 8 key issues. It deserves to be mentioned but, speaking personally, I am just as happy to debate the NHS, school closures, council taxes, pensions, agriculture law and order or the environment.

My advice to anyone wanting to hear less about the Conservative immigration policy is very simple. Stop asking questions about it!

4 Comments:

Blogger David Davies AM said...

I enjoy meeting all Tories, but I haven't been into the boys school at all in this election.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Anthropax said...

well, congratulations are in order! I think you would have found it hard to loose. As an aside, what do you think of proportional representation? It would give minority parties a chance to be heard (Green), despite some of the more... single issue parties getting a chance (BNP, National Front). I would like to see Catherine Taylor-Dawson (vote for yourself rainbow dream ticket) have a chance. Along with her guitar.

3:47 AM  
Blogger David Davies AM said...

I can see the problems with the current system but I am a bit cautious about anything which breaks the link between constituency and representative. I think this might be worth a separate blog.

By the way were you at the count last night?

10:42 AM  
Blogger Anthropax said...

No, I had to work until 10, and although I tried to stay up to watch the Monmouth results I fell asleep at about 2. Although I hear that certain supporters provided more than vocal support! I think that many of the left in Monmouth think you should be in Parliament, although they would prefer for you to be representing somewhere else! Well, next step party leader!

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home