Saturday, September 10, 2005

upsetting the grievance brigade

Oh dear. The legions of the politically correct failed to see the funny side of my application for a lottery grant to explore the traditions of the "settled" community. I have been branded a racist and several Assembly Members have now said that if I am not “disciplined” they will report me to the Commission for Racial Equality.


I am not quite sure why criticising a fatuous lottery grant and calling for everyone (including a minority of travellers who are of largely white European stock anyway) to obey planning regulations and clean up their litter could be construed as racist.

Mind you I half hope the threat is carried out as I would dearly like another opportunity to quiz the CRE about what they are doing to prevent racism and bigotry amongst all ethnic and religious groups within Britain. I am still waiting for them to sign my compact.

3 Comments:

Blogger Snafu said...

I totally agree with Dangleberry, keep up the goodwork! You know you are doing the right thing when they are complaining about you.

Now if only you could upset Polly Toynbee!

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. Keep up the good work. If only the ridiculous PB brigade would realise their actions create racism problems.

P.S Although I've not posted before David, I did enjoy your first question to Peter Hain. I think he was quite taken aback.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Snafu said...

Any updates on the application?

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home