Saturday, February 18, 2006

Much is being made of the treatment meted out by British squaddies to some rioting Iraqis. What I find far more sickening than the video are the howls of hypocritical anger coming from those who ordered these men into Iraq in the first place.

Army infantry units are generally made up of tough lads often from what are now called “deprived areas.” When confronted with a baying mob throwing petrol bombs does anyone really suppose that they are going to retaliate by waving copies of The Guardian around?

I am not making a defence but merely pointing out that if we had wanted to avoid situations like this we should not have gone to Iraq in the first place.

1 Comments:

Blogger James.R.Skinner said...

Hey David, long time no see! Hope your doing well in parliament and its going good for you.
I was wondering, would it be possible if you could do me a favour? I have been trying to advertise my blog recently, so was wondering would it be possible if you could add my site to your links column? I already have a link of your blog on my website, so could you possibly do the same for me?
Thanks very much, and all the best.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home