Monday, October 10, 2005

Right somebody mentioned council taxes. Thank you because I am getting a bit tired of talking about gypsy travellers. I was at the debate on council taxes which actually took place on Tuesday, as a result I missed most of the Conservative Party Conference which was a shame because this year was more interesting than usual.

The Conservative position on Council tax revaluation is that we would ideally support the reversal of re-banding which, as it has not gone ahead in England would be the fairest solution. We have been independently advised that this could raise some legal problems so until that has been clarified we will settle for a freeze at the levels being charged this year.

This would mean that nobody would go up by more than one band.

1 Comments:

Blogger David Davies AM said...

Mark I have dealt with this in a lot of detail in previous blogs.

Suffice to say for now that it is not the tax but the level it is being charged at which has caused the anger. Council tax was simply not an issue in 1999 when I was first elected to the Assembly.

I have some sympathy with your last point!

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home