Thursday, October 13, 2005

MPs were young once

Conservative leadership contender David Cameron is quite right to refuse to say whether or not he took drugs at university. If he were to answer in the affirmative it would simply lead to a further barrage of questions on the lines of “what did you take”, “how often did you take them” etc etc until the only thing the public would know about Mr Cameron was that “he was the one who took drugs.”

It may come as a surprise to some, but MPs are no different from any other cross section of the general public. Many of them, (including, perhaps, David Cameron,) will have experimented with drugs at a younger age.

Personally I will not be voting for Mr Cameron, but my decision has got nothing to do with allegations about what he may or may not have got up to nearly 20 years ago, and if he is successful I doubt very whether the electorate will care come the next general election.

4 Comments:

Blogger David Davies AM said...

Yes.

7:24 AM  
Blogger *Under*Cover*Sister* said...

interesting.....

did you take drugs?

2:00 AM  
Blogger Serf said...

I would be worried by someone taking drugs now, but the past is the past. Now there is talk of Liam Fox's private life.

I want politicians who are responsible for their actions, but I expect human beings, not saints.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Sam Pritchard said...

I agree, David Cameron has dealt with the press well. I expect most of the Labour front bench have tried drugs at some stage, and none of them are prepared to admit it.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home